I will admit, I went on a stint with You Me Sushi toward the end of my last term of classes, where I literally ate there every day for a week. I would think, "what should I eat today?" and I would answer myself, "well that darn chicken katsu is calling my name!" and off I would go.
Several things I love about You Me Sushi:
1. The sushi is good for a take-away place -- nothing fancy, but certainly a viable option if you need a sushi fix.
2. The chicken katsu is the bomb. I've had it with rice, with sushi, with salad... I never got tired of it!
3. Free miso soup was wonderful, especially when I was sitting in a very air conditioned classroom and just needed to warm up to stay awake in class.
4. The staff is all very nice... quickly moving people through the lunch queue or willing to chat while you made-to-order chicken katsu is being made to order.
All around, I was happy to spend a bit more than I normally would on lunch, because I was enjoying their food so much. I never sat in and ate, but for on-the-go lunch, it was a great choice.
Delivery sushi can be a little touch 'n go...ya know? You know. Really, it can be ugly. But, I decided to give it a whirl anyway...
Success. They can do it. They can do it!
I put in an order for the 12-pc salmon box (includes sashimi, nigiri and a California roll) with a seaweed salad.
1. The seaweed salad: really great. Typically this is a pretty dull dish, but the introduction of low carb noodles (not sure why they are low carb, but ok) with sauce, tossed around and you've got a nice fresh start.
2. Salmon box: tasted really fresh and despite the inevitable "stick" that the rice gets if its not consumed within seconds of rolling...very good.
Their rice dishes and non-sushi items are plentiful as well. The chicken katsu especially grabbed my eye.
Delivery was fast, dude was friendly...and now I can add You Me Sushi to my delivery list. Swim with the fishies!
You Me Sushi have a nice little relationship... kinda like a fling that isn't ever going to get serious. What I mean by that is that it's not the best I can do (I know this), but it's there and does the job so I go to it whenever I need a quick fix.
It's my go-to spot for sushi cravings since it's fairly close to my school. If you're expecting high-quality, fresh off the boat sushi... sorry, your expectations for You Me Sushi are too high. If you're looking for somewhat fancy rolls in a take-away box and a free miso soup, then you've come to the right place. They've also got some ramen and chicken teriyaki, katsu, etc.
Personally, I like their Spicy Tuna roll (5.95), I can't seem to ever stray away from it, I just wish it came with more. Another fave is their Seaweed salad (3.95), kinda pricey, but I think the portion is pretty generous. I've tried their Seafood Ramen, and I thought it was okay. I'm not too fond of the noodles they use.
All in all, not too shabby for a quickie... for sushi, that is.
My favourite sushi is Tuna Nagiri, but also I like the Salmon and Cream Cheese Nagiri. Even if some sets are not so cheap, don't hesitate to go there and experience the wonderful taste of the Japanese food.
This branch of You Me Sushi opened quite recently by my office which I'm quite excited about as I don't have to traipse too far to get my sushi fix. Along with the usual sushi and sashimi take away boxes, you can also get dumplings to go which is quite nice. The interior is quite large and there are plenty of seats if you wish to dine in. Currently you can get a free miso soup with your meal. I have to say after sampling many miso soups in the area, this is probably the best. The staff are nice and the food is quite good. I may have to make this my lunch time hangout.