* Quiet location away from main roads
* Double (maybe queen?) bed for a single room. Comfy, nicely made up, and clean.
* Well lit room with halogen lights
*Room has character unlike some "out of the box" type hotel rooms
* Imperfect (yes, this is a pro for me!); 1 light fitting missing, some paint peeling in places, bit of dust, a few cobwebs here and there. I like it. It's an old building and it's not got that horrible sterility some hotels have.
* Comfy reading chair
* Small desk/dressing table with chair and mirror.
* Proper central heating. Radiator! None of this heated air con rubbish!!
* Power sockets a plenty, including shaving/electric toothbrush sockets.
* Shower with one of those GIANT shower heads. Easy to use. Towels provided.
* Kettle provided
* Ample storage space for 1 person.
* TV in room, wall-mounted so you can watch in bed if you like (I didn't use it)
* Lovely little patio garden outside
* Nice painting on the bedroom wall.
*Wi-Fi. Not amazing but okay!
* Close to amenities + attractions; supermarket, Hyde Park, South Kensington museums all within walking distance
* Sink in the bathroom is very small. Couldn't fill the kettle in it and it's hard to have a wash in. OK for hand washing but not ideal as you splash water everywhere!
* Noise of people (presumably staff) running up and down the stairs at 7am on a Sunday was a bit much!! It was like a herd of elephants!!
* General noise of people walking (or stomping in some cases) upstairs/floors creaking etc.
* Smell of cigarette smoke from the patio garden if I opened the door (no window in this basement room, just the door). It wasn't too heavy but as a 6 month quit ex-smoker it was a bit taxing. I've not faltered but I still want to smoke!
* Not much natural light in this basement room.
* There was a kettle provided but no mug. Nothing. Like a true Brit I went and bought a mug, tea, and milk instead of asking. Would have been nice if there was at least a mug!
* A small bar of soap would have been nice. I don't expect or need bells and whistles but just a tiny bar of soap would have been appreciated.
* A lower wattage lamp for more relaxing lighting would have been most welcome. The halogen lights are great and all but they are very bright. I like to wind down with lower lighting for reading in bed.
Overall, a lovely home from home. A nice quiet break from the noise of the East End for me and at a very good price. Would definitely come again.
This user has arrived from Qype, a European company acquired by Yelp in 2012. We have integrated the two sites to bring you one great local experience.