My friend and I traveled to London for the first time and stayed here. The hotel is in a nice location with stunning views at night. The rooms were nice and big, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located about a 10 minute car ride away from the Tube so the hotel provides a shuttle to take you back and forth.
On our last day, we left very early and I forgot to check what time the hotel shuttle service began on a Sunday. Because we would have been late to the airport, the hotel said they would call me a cab. A man from the hotel walked out 2 minutes later and pulled around one of the hotel Mercedes. He gave us a ride to the Tube for 6 pounds. I was impressed that the hotel would go out of their way to have one of their drivers take us to the Tube station because I forgot to ask and book a taxi. They were incredibly helpful. I would stay definitely stay there again.
Booked the three course buffet as Groupon. The image on Groupon showed a lovely outside terrace by the river. On arrival requested outdoor seating and was told that this would not be available for buffet customers.
Service was patchy indeed. For example was told that the only kind of tea included in the offer was english breakfast, but this was after I had selected white tea. The tea itself was too strong.
Buffet food was mostly very mediocre, and slightly reminiscent of school dinners. The restaurant does have an excellent view of Canary Wharf however.
Update: Complained by phone and was promised a refund, plus a free dinner for two.
I wasn't that keen to return but a friend suggested dinner and it was another gorgeous evening so gave it a shot. Totally different experience: The manager greeted us and had a table ready on the terrace. The food was better. Ordered a couple of glasses of wine and very pleased to discover that they also became complimentary. The manager really went the extra mile to give great service, so faith is restored.
Great views to the river Themes, but the hotel itself does not deserve the title Hilton. The installations are somehow rundown and not well maintained. The location is not as bad as expected, easily accessible by tube and the hotel-run ferry shuttle (free for guests). The service was great, friendly staff in all ways (reception, breakfast, dinner). We will not come back to this hotel as the overall feeling is not in accordance to what one expect from a Hilton.
This is my favourite hotel in London. I was going to say second to the one in Park Lane, but I like the staff, and the varied menu in the evenings. Children under 10 eat for free. My kids loved it (5 & 7), and they keep pestering me to tell them when they are going back.
The breakfasts are fantastic. I have the haggis every time, and I'm not even Scottish.
I could go on and on.
The boat is great for getting over to Canary Wharf, and the variety of shops. Purchase a family day ticket for the boats, and it works out cheaper than the tube.
I'm sure someone in London can tell me there are cheaper alternatives, but I've never been able to fathom them out.
The pool is a bit small, but hardly anyone in there when the kids went in, much to our relief for the other guests.
All the staff made a fuss of the kids.
When I was on an extended stay in London, i.e. a few months. The staff gave me a bottle of Chablis on my last day, FOC.
My favorite Hilton on the business moon trip. We were given a room on the sixth floor with it's own balcony that overlooked the Thames. It was a small room but that view is amazing. Service is very good, I asked for a fridge to store the cheese we smuggled from France, and they were good to locate one and put it in our room. Breakfast, service was VERY SLOW, but it was to be expected as there were SOOO MANY people having breakfast here. They also give you free tickets to take their ferry across the river to the other side if you wanted to go take a tour of London via boat. Will stay here again!
I'm a frequent business traveler and I can honestly say this is the worst hotel I've ever experienced.
The (few) pros:
- The lobby entrance was clean and had a somewhat modern look but that ended there
- The hotel manager and restaurant staff (except the chef) were very friendly and helpful
- The room balcony is fairly large (due to the odd layout of the room)
The (many) cons:
- The room layout was long, so that it felt more like a slightly wide hallway than a bedroom
- In the first room I was given, the internet did not work so I was moved to a 2nd room
- The 1st room I was given had black stains on the pillows, surprisingly the 2nd room I was moved to had the same nasty stains!
- It was very windy outside, especially at night. I wouldn't mind this if the windows were air tight but unfortunately they are not. The whole night I could hear the whooshing outside. It seriously sounded like I was in a haunted house.
- The bathroom was so tight that if you close or open the door it would rub against the toilet.
- The tub was also a tight fit and I constantly bumped into the intrusive grip bar that was oddly placed in the front (and I'm petite!)
- The hair dryer in the bathroom kept going out after 5 minutes. When I called to get a hand hair dryer, they told me there should be one inside the desk (although I already checked and there wasn't). When I told them there was none they questioned my sanity then finally agreed to send one up. I then had to wait 15 minutes but only for housekeeping to call and question again if I was looking in the right place. After they finally agreed to bring one up, it took another 30 minutes before I eventually got the dryer (Of course by then my hair was frizzy from air drying)
- Their car service is HORRIBLE. My driver dropped me off at the far opposite end of the office I was visiting. I didn't know this at the time and trusted him when he told me it should only be a "short" walk. It turned out to not be a "short" walk at all, and even worse I had to do this walk in story weather.
- The driver my colleagues had, could not even program his own GPS because he "couldn't see the letters" so he asked them to enter the street name. I'm not sure how you can be a driver if you can't even see the letters to your own GPS?!
- Their chef seemed rather biased, if not racist. I ate dinner at the buffet on a slow night. I was the only non-Caucasian there and found it pretty strange that she personally greeted each guest but me.
Luckily, I only had to stay at this hotel for just 2 nights. If you're looking for something economical this is the place to go. Just beware you're definitely getting what you pay for.
I have already been here twice. I love the location of this hotel great view of Canary Wharf towers at night and quiet surroundings. Overall a great place to just relax in the comfort of a spacious and clean room, enjoy friendly service and delicious meals.
This is a review of the dining room staff and food. We were warmly welcomed by the manager who gave us direction on the phone and then ensured that we were nicely taken care of - he even served us our drinks. He was so personable and took his customer service responsibilties seriously. He's the reason for the great rating,
I love this hotel - I have visited it several times and always had a very warm welcome from the friendly staff. The food is excellent and the location offers stunning views of the river. When we have had family rooms, our children have had a separate bedroom to themselves for the same rate. The minuses are that the location is not very good for getting into London - you have to wait for the shuttle bus then take the tube, but providing you get the timings right, this is not too much hassle. The hotel is accessible by car and the parking is free, which is also a plus. All in all, I would recommend it!
Our kids (aged 3 and 5) love this hotel, not least because of the (real) boat that's docked actually in the hotel grounds; and we like it too, not least because there's an excellent kids' playground just opposite. The views of the Thames are indeed stunning, and that's probably why we had to pay about £90 for one room (for four of us) for one night on a Saturday in August. And the £90 didn't include breakfast! We've since tried to rebook using Tesco Clubcard points (skinflints that we are) but other hotels have come back much cheaper. If you can get in cheap, it's an excellent place to stay.
Stayed here last night- had a friendly welcome from the lady on reception which is always a good start. We checked in at 3.00pm + my wife mentioned it was my 40th bday- by 3.30 a card and free bottle of wine had been delivered to our room!!! Booked a delux plus room which was HUGE!! Fantasticlly well finished room with a view over the river to Canary Wharf!! Would highly recommend to anyone.
I found this place on balanace okay. My greeting at reception was best described as efficient. Not friendly for sure. The hotel is stuck in the middle of nowhere although the views are excellent. I had a deleuxe plus room and it was tiny - with such a small wardrobe it was like a single room! The bathroom was very tiny and the fitting remarkably old, but the balcony and its view over the city and the river made up for some of that. Breakfast was good - lots of choice although not as good as some other hotels I have stayed at. Teh free shuttle ends before midnight, after which you will need to pay for a taxi to the hotel as it is off the beaten track. Ok if you get a very cheap rate.
The stay here was ok, the staff friendly and helpful. We all loved the views from the room and my son especially loved going through the tunnel over the water to get to the room. They have a shuttle boat that will take you over the other side of the river which we found really useful. All in all a good stay. The parking was a bit of a nightmare, they have an underground carpark which most of the spaces wouldn't fit our scenic and when we found a space the passengers had to get out the car before it was parked otherwise the doors wouldn't have opened.
ok but ive stayed in much better hotels!
This user has arrived from Qype, a European company acquired by Yelp in 2012. We have integrated the two sites to bring you one great local experience.