I've used greentomatocars for over a year now and honestly can't say a bad word about them...
1) Their cars are eco friendly (Prius etc), and when London air is like a pack of fags being blown in your mouth, it's nice to see someone making a bit of difference!
2) Their cars have free Wi-Fi, BONUS when iPhone batteries have the capacity of a watch battery...!
3) Drivers and phone support always friendly, so when you can't operate the app when you're a bit worse for wear, you know you'll get home safely!
4) Cars arrive quickly, normally less than 15-mins in Central London. Cars are also much cleaner and better presented than mini cabs (which I don't inherently trust).
5) Cool app - Easy to use (I'd say the limit is 10 pints)
6) Cheaper than some other car firms out there (I LOVE POLAR BEARS!!) I could go on, and on - but I will stop there! :)
Save the environment and look cheeky too! Green Tomato Cars are a great way to get around Londontown whether you've got an environmental state of mind or just loads of errands to run around the city! The company uses a fleet of Toyota Prius' with iconic green tomatoes decals on the side.
I had an internship during the summer that booked Green Tomato Cars during special occasions. The drivers were always on time and were happy to offer information about the ethics of the company! The cars are roomy and seat five, with the driver included.
Ah the power of social media:
The day after I posted my review the Managing Director of the company emailed me for more details of my issue. Within 24 hours I received an apology and a refund of the difference between the quote and the price I paid.
I'll give them credit for a swift response and resolution. They say they have learned from this experience and have changed their customer service training. It's a pity it took a negative public review to elicit a response but hopefully - when I use them again - I won't have any further issues. If so, I'd happily revisit the review and upgrade to a full 5*
They're green, they're efficient, and they have wifi in their cars! The only way to travel around town :-)
Environmentally friendly and reliable. They are always on time, with very friendly drivers and cars that are both relatively new and clean. I use them regularly to Heathrow and have never been disappointed, although they sometimes don't have cars available at busy times.
I used it when I booked journey from Heathrow airport to my home in London. We are late 30 minutes after landing ( 7 Am) because of slow checking process in UK Border Agency. I got 2 miscall from the drive because I have to turn off phone while in checking UKBA. So after we went out, we can not see the driver. So we call back to the centre of Green Tomatos and they call the driver again. The driver is super friendly, and we just got charge at normal. So good value for money. They are cheap compared to another service. Tips: You should book the time for driver coming to Airport quite late because Heathrow migration process always slow. Book by phone with them is cheaper than the price on the internet.
This user has arrived from Qype, a European company acquired by Yelp in 2012. We have integrated the two sites to bring you one great local experience.