The Globus am Bellevue has a pretty fancy food court--if that's what you can call it. When you walk in, you see a bunch of fancy self-service stations with I think Asian food, Spanish food, Italian food, sandwiches, etc. (I haven't eaten there in a while, so please forgive my ignorance on all the dishes.)
There is a mouth-watering display of beautiful cakes and sweet treats right at the front. In the back, there is a revolving sushi belt with yummy sushi and high prices to match.
I heard the ice cream stand outside is really good--even rivaling the Mövenpick store next door (gasp!), but I haven't tried it yet. Must give it a shot next summer.
Adjacent to the food court is the department store area with home furnishings and stuff. And underground is the gourmet market, with lots of pricey, exotic stuff like a variety of decadent truffle oils.
I am rather astounded to give away a precious 5 star review for Globus Bellevue. Seriously? I think I have to though, since it checked off many items:
- No arguing with a group of picky female eaters. If you are laughing then you'd understand how hard it is to organize a big girls' movie night with dinner. They have several types of cuisines available and also houses a wine and coffee bar. They serve a decent salad (you can choose toppings), cheap and cheery Thai food, tapas, sushi and sandwiches. A little something for everyone. Food is fast served and ready.
- The gourmet food shop is great. I won't complain about "prices" as some people may. You are in Zurich, and you are in a gourmet foot store; so it should be obvious you won't find deals of the century here. However, you will find good food, and they even sell fresh salmon for sushi purposes. I get that here to make a mean sashimi.
- The hours are unbeatable. They open quite late in such a central area.
- Location, location and location! Bellevue is a popular tram transfer point for many, and since it is also next to Stadelhofen and a movie theater (Corso), it is a very easy peasy meeting place. After eating, taking a walk by the lake is just a stone throw away.
- Outdoor seating is available.
- Decent service! Of all the times I have been here, service at all areas have been just good to great.
- All in one: Not only does it have a gourmet grocer and restaurants, it also has a department store. However, it is smaller in comparison to the bigger Globus on Bahnhofstrasse. It's sufficient though. Who says size is everything?
There are probably only a few other restaurants that are located more centrally that the Globus am Bellevue
Just next to the Sechseläuten Platz, in walking distance to train station Stadelhofen.
That's why half of the city comes here for lunch.
Unfortunately it is always very crowded, to the extent that you should be patient and not be annoyed if you do not get immediately a seat.
The food ranges from tapas, sushi to Curries and Italian delicacies. Quality is always good.
It's a good place to eat something small or in the afternoon.
I like the Asian food the most. There's a few disches fresh maked. I tryed all the dishes before. What i like the most is that you can see what they preparing. They are very clean, friendly and fast. It's easy to reach and everyone knows about it. That's why sometimes you don't have a seat. I think they have to change the menu sometime or at some new dishes.
The food is bad and too expensive!
For that money you find better places in Zurich.
This user has arrived from Qype, a European company acquired by Yelp in 2012. We have integrated the two sites to bring you one great local experience.