Qype logo Join Yelp

Qype has joined Yelp to bring you more reviews, community and businesses. Read More.

Map
Edit
Abstract Source
Studio Brick Lane

Recommended Reviews

Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. Learn more.
    • Qype User elisso…
    • Florianopolis, Brazil
    • 0 friends
    • 1 review
    5.0 star rating
    5/12/2012

    While looking for a electronic music production course in London, I did some research on the schools that I initially found on the web. 90% of them I immediately decided not to give a chance due to the lack of songs produced by their tutors. The other 10% were the expensive ones and after visting them I realised that they weren't worth the hype at all.
    When I was almost forgetting about the course, I saw Abstract Source's website and I could not believe that the guy that had produced all those amazing songs was giving lessons, specially with that price. I decided to meet him and I saw that I had finally found the place to be.
    It was definitely the best choice. I learnt so much things about music production in so little time. The classes were so much fun and full of information. It was a great experience learning and sharing the same passion which is electronic music.
    Now after finishing this course I can say that I made a really good friend and hopefully a future music partner!!

Page 1 of 1

From the business

Specialties

Abstract Source specialises in one-on-one Music Production DJ & VJ Courses

We run the following project based, one-on-one music courses in an idyllic location in the heart of Brick Lane, London:

Electronic Music Production Courses
Sound Engineering Courses
Mixing and Mastering Courses
DJ Courses
Turntablism Courses
VJ Courses
Musical Instrument Tuition

Unlike college courses which follow rigid schedules, we offer a flexible approach to study which allows you to set your own class times and dates.

History

Established in 2008.

Since 2008 Abstract Source has been working with aspiring music producers, musicians and DJs from across the globe, helping them to achieve their goals.

Jules Dickens, the founder, has carved his current sound from years of travel, studio engineering and DJing. He has garnered an array of technical skills from a live, acoustic and analogue production background, developed in the digital realm then acid tested in venues around the world.

Meet the Business Owner

Jules D.
Jules D. Business Owner

A passion for travel and music has taken Jules all over the world. From 2003 to 2008 he relocated to Kuala Lumpur where he set up DJ/Producer courses at SAE (School of Audio Engineering). During this time he also spent a year in Australia completing his degree in Recording Arts.

Returning from Kuala Lumpur in 2008, Jules settled back into the London music scene, primarily working as a production tutor and music producer, focusing on recording and producing live musicians, which has helped add an organic angle to his own productions.

In the studio, Jules has covered many bases from Funk through to Detroit Techno, pushing musical boundaries while maintaining an old school approach to Production.

Credentials:

Honours Degree in Recording Arts
Train the Trainer certified
Course coordinator and trainer for SAE (Asia)
More than 15 years experience in the industry in the UK and overseas
Assistant Engineer at Sonic Cuisine
Owner of Abstrakt Dance Records (with Colin Dale)